The other night for dinner, I tried a new pasta recipe that I found on Pinterest. I decided I needed a few new recipes to try, and after wasting a few hours searching, I printed four new recipes and made my shopping list of what I needed. I realized recently that I need to eat more carbs since I’m working out so much more, so I wanted to try some new pasta dishes. I saw this recipe for Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo from Lauren’s Latest, an awesome food blog, and it sounded amazing. Plus, I already had all of the ingredients to make it! I tweaked the recipe a little so I could use what I had instead of having to buy other things, but it seems like it’s missing something. I might just add more spices next time, or try the herbed goat cheese like the recipe suggests instead of plain. My recipe below cuts a few corners to make it quicker (i.e. buying roasted red peppers instead of roasting them yourself), but you can check out the original here. The original recipe also says that artichokes are optional, which I didn’t add, but I think I will next time for more flavor.
Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo
Here’s what you’ll need:
half a jar of roasted red peppers
1 small yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
1 cup half & half
4 oz. goat cheese
2/3 cup shaved or grated parmesan & romano cheese
1 box of whole wheat linguine
Here’s how you do it:
1. Chop onions and mince garlic. Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil.
2. Boil water, and add pasta when ready.
3. Add goat cheese, half & half, parmesan cheese, and spices. Stir and let melt over low heat.
4. Chop roasted red peppers, then add to sauce.
5. Remove from heat and pour sauce into a food processor or use an immersion blender (I just poured the sauce into a normal blender and puréed it in that).
6. Pour sauce back into the pan over low heat. Drain pasta and mix with sauce.
I added more of the shaved cheese on top before I ate it. This recipe makes a few servings, so I still have leftovers, and I even shared with my friend. Enjoy!