Another new place to check for recipes: Campbell’s condensed soup cans. Whenever I’m at the grocery store, I’ll look at a few different ones and find a recipe that sounds good. Last week, I bought a can of broccoli cheddar soup with a recipe on the back for a cheesy broccoli chicken dish (mmmm). It’s really quick, and the longest part is baking, which you just throw in the oven and leave anyway. This recipe makes about three servings.
Chicken Broccoli Divan
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 can Campbell’s condensed broccoli cheddar soup
1/3 cup skim milk
1 pound fresh broccoli
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tbsp melted butter
shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s how you do it:
1. Cook the chicken. I put some basil and onion powder on it to just give it a little flavor, but it would taste fine with just some pepper, too. Cut chicken into small pieces.
2. Wash and cut the broccoli and place in the bottom of a 9″ pie plate or baking dish, along with the chicken.
3. Mix the entire can of soup with the milk. Pour over the chicken and broccoli.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
5. Mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter, and sprinkle on top.
6. Bake at 400° F for 25-30 minutes (until hot and bubbly).
The cheddar cheese isn’t completely necessary, but I have an unhealthy obsession with cheese and think that everything could use a little extra. The soup itself is pretty cheesy though, so you don’t have to add it if you don’t want to. Enjoy!